techUK represents the companies and technologies that are defining today the world that we will live in tomorrow. 900 companies are members of techUK. Collectively they employ more than 800,000 people, about half of all tech sector jobs in the UK. These companies range from leading FTSE 100 companies to new innovative start-ups. The majority of our members are small and medium sized businesses.
techUK is committed to helping its members grow, by:
· Developing markets;
· Developing relationships and networks;
· Reducing business costs;
· Reducing business risks.
techUK has strong member representation across a broad range of tech markets and strives to be at the forefront of thinking about the key commercial, policy and regulatory factors shaping the sector. techUK provides technology industry leadership across private and public sector programmes representing a wide range of organisations including global corporates, SMEs and Start-Ups.
The Member Relations Executive will work closely with the Member Relations Manager and the programme delivery teams to ensure our members are aware of and engaging across techUK’s various programmes and services.
Fundamental to the role is the ability to quickly get to grips complex issues, put them into a wider context and determine how best to communicate the techUK value proposition to our members.
The person appointed will show capability and potential to build on a strong foundation of a solid programme, strong member engagement, and good external reputation and stakeholder relationships. He/She will need to have, or a propensity to develop quickly, a good understanding of the opportunities and challenges in the use of tech and where members can work collectively to understand and enhance those opportunities.
This role requires someone who has the communication skills, confidence and drive to grow their own profile and that of techUK.
· Own SME member engagement plan – Assume ownership of SME member engagement activity, including liaison with the SME Steering Board.
· Conduct face-to-face member meetings – Hold membership review meetings where required and predominantly with our SME members to better understand their current priorities and help them to engage with the relevant parts of techUK.
· Assist the Member Relations Manager to evolve & maintain an effective member communication plan – work with the Member Relations Manager to produce a series of member communications relating to their annual membership. This includes the Annual Member Survey.
· Assist the Member Relations Manager to create & run specific member engagement events - work with the Member Relations Manager and the programme teams to deliver four Member Introductory Evenings and a series of programme related speed networking events.
· Assist the Member Relations Manager in the preparation of key member meeting briefing documents - we seek to proactively meet our 200 largest members each year with the help of the senior management team. For each meeting, a briefing document is required that demonstrates current member usage, renewal information and recommendations for potential areas of engagement.
· Prepare member engagement reports – utilise the CRM system to produce accurate reports on request that demonstrate member activity across our programmes.
· Work with the New Member Business Development Team to ensure the smooth onboarding of new members – as the member sales team bring new members on board, work with them to ensure that everything is set up correctly to maximise their chances of engaging & remaining in membership.
· Regular monitor members to ensure that key stakeholders are identified and kept up-to-date – This includes the membership owner, budget holder and most senior contact (if different).
· Handle general member correspondence – assist new contacts at member companies in setting up their profiles with us and plugging them into the most relevant techUK programmes and activities
· Prepare ad hoc membership reports as required – utilise the CRM to produce ad hoc reports as required by the Member Relations Manager and the Senior Management team
Output oriented with a track record of delivery.
Numerate, comfortable working with and analysing data.
A strong team player, committed to helping colleagues achieve their goals.
Ability to work quickly to deadline delivering high quality outputs.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Must have the ability to craft member engagement proposals.
Strong personal and professional integrity required to develop and maintain trust and represent the sector.
Capability to use the tools and technologies techUK provides, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, CRM, Social Media, Web tools and home working software.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
· Strong and demonstrable customer engagement experience.
· Experience of working in high performance environments.
· A knowledge of and interest in the technology sector.
· Experience of managing relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders and comfortable working with senior individuals in Industry and within government.
· Demonstrates a broad understanding of the technology industry landscape and the positioning and role of trade bodies.
This is a full-time role based at techUK’s London offices.
The succesful candidate must have right to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org